Washminster

Washminster
Washminster

Friday 23 January 2015

The France Show


This annual event moves this year from Earls Court to Olympia. I'll be popping down to it, as I have for the last few years. While I have no intention (or the resources) to buy a property in France - there is much to see - that could take up all three days of the show.

I enjoy the various presentations - particularly the "Flavours of France" - where some excellent cooks share their experience and recipes. I ended up going for two days last year - and much of it was taken up with this. There is also lots of material on the French Language - both resources to buy and presentations to attend.

Then there is the "tourism" part - lots of stalls giving ideas for trips and holidays through out France.
Finally there is a section for buying French products - from food to other gifts. It was at the French show that I signed up for an offer to subscribe to the New York Times (which has been fantastic - both for current news - and archives (and as a researcher into US political history - that has proved a very valuable online resource).

In addition there are wine tastings - I'm planning on extending my knowledge of Bordeaux wines - and of course there is the Property Show.

For further information - press ICI