Washminster

Washminster
Washminster

Saturday 14 February 2015

Bletchley Park


I had to go to Bletchley yesterday morning, to have a couple of tyres replaced. The upside was that I had a couple of hours to spare - so walked across to Bletchley Park. It is certainly worth a days visit - and now visitors come for such visits from around the world. But a ticket once bought allows as many return visits within 12 months as one is able to make. (Even better - if you become, as I have, a "Friend of Bletchley Park", membership also permits unlimited visits - and supports the excellent work that is going on there.)

I am supplementing my visits with reading (and listening to audiobooks) about BP. There is now such a wealth of material - and I learn something new (or put something read into context) each time I visit.

Do visit BP if you haven't been. It is one of the most inspirational historic sites in the UK. Further details are available at http://www.bletchleypark.org.uk/